Happy Thanksgiving--Weekend... I promise this post was written on Thursday! Cue my time to explain myself (probably poorly), I have had many things to share, but experienced technical difficulties posting blogs, so please bear with me as I post older thoughts and ponder on new ones!
If I ever have a daily thing to be thankful for, I would like it to be these verses--
Colossians 1:13-14 "He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins."
God is magnified, because there is no way I could have accomplished this great feat on my own!
My testimony used to go something like this... I was lost in the world, in its ideals of shallow companionship, empty fulfillment, and selfish idolatry. God has freed me from bondage to my hyperactive ever changing sensational feelings... Of course I would sprinkle in my personal details and accounts, but over the past two years, accounting what God has done for me has lost much of its verbiage.
In short, I was a sinner damned to spend eternity in Hell; unable to fulfill the Law nor pay the price for my sin. I was in dire need of a Savior, and Jesus Christ being my substitute bore my sins and has granted me eternal life.
The change in how I see my testimony is not due to a diminished view of what God has freed me from, but I am realizing the now more than ever the importance of God's salvation plan in its entirety including but not limited to my personal salvation.
Jesus' act on the cross changed history and eternity thereafter. So for the cross not simply being my point of conversion but continual strength I am so thankful!
Have a great weekend, Nashville, nephew, and picture updates will be given soon!
Love Steph!
If I ever have a daily thing to be thankful for, I would like it to be these verses--
Colossians 1:13-14 "He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins."
God is magnified, because there is no way I could have accomplished this great feat on my own!
My testimony used to go something like this... I was lost in the world, in its ideals of shallow companionship, empty fulfillment, and selfish idolatry. God has freed me from bondage to my hyperactive ever changing sensational feelings... Of course I would sprinkle in my personal details and accounts, but over the past two years, accounting what God has done for me has lost much of its verbiage.
In short, I was a sinner damned to spend eternity in Hell; unable to fulfill the Law nor pay the price for my sin. I was in dire need of a Savior, and Jesus Christ being my substitute bore my sins and has granted me eternal life.
The change in how I see my testimony is not due to a diminished view of what God has freed me from, but I am realizing the now more than ever the importance of God's salvation plan in its entirety including but not limited to my personal salvation.
Jesus' act on the cross changed history and eternity thereafter. So for the cross not simply being my point of conversion but continual strength I am so thankful!
Have a great weekend, Nashville, nephew, and picture updates will be given soon!
Love Steph!