This is the first poem I wrote after I rededicated my life. I literally just started comparing God's love to the love that past men in my life gave me. As I wrote I just knew that God's love was sooo much deeper and tangible!
For the Love of Love
The wanting to belong
Because if I am loved
Then I am excepted
and If I am excepted
then I am wanted
If I am wanted
then I am needed
Then If I am needed
Then I am Happy
Yet happiness doesnt last forever
but Joy comes from the Lord
and if Joy comes from the Lord
Then I am loved
not just "loved"
But Loved UNCONDITIONALLY
My God isn't someone who has ever told me he loved me
Then took it Back
He has never told me he loved me
and never followed through with his actions
My God has never made me cry
But the Complete opposite,
He has always been there for me
He is My strength
He does Complete me
Since the first day
I said those two words "I do"
I do want you Lord in my life
I do want the Holy Spirit to be my Guidenance
I am thankful for the Cross
and I cant imainge my life without you
I am even thankful for your
EVERLASTING LOVE
because my vow to you Father God
does not included
"to death do us part"
because my mind is set on things above
and I cant wait to live forever with my Savior
No one can replace you
and I am thankful for that
Patiently, I wait trusting
that one day you will send me someone
on earth that is as in love with you as I am
and will be by my side to worship you and HONOR you
MY LORD
But until then
Continue to bathe me with your:
love
mercy
grace
wisdom
and understanding
Cleansing me from all my sins
and making me one of your pearls
The wanting to belong
Because if I am loved
Then I am excepted
and If I am excepted
then I am wanted
If I am wanted
then I am needed
Then If I am needed
Then I am Happy
Yet happiness doesnt last forever
but Joy comes from the Lord
and if Joy comes from the Lord
Then I am loved
not just "loved"
But Loved UNCONDITIONALLY
My God isn't someone who has ever told me he loved me
Then took it Back
He has never told me he loved me
and never followed through with his actions
My God has never made me cry
But the Complete opposite,
He has always been there for me
He is My strength
He does Complete me
Since the first day
I said those two words "I do"
I do want you Lord in my life
I do want the Holy Spirit to be my Guidenance
I am thankful for the Cross
and I cant imainge my life without you
I am even thankful for your
EVERLASTING LOVE
because my vow to you Father God
does not included
"to death do us part"
because my mind is set on things above
and I cant wait to live forever with my Savior
No one can replace you
and I am thankful for that
Patiently, I wait trusting
that one day you will send me someone
on earth that is as in love with you as I am
and will be by my side to worship you and HONOR you
MY LORD
But until then
Continue to bathe me with your:
love
mercy
grace
wisdom
and understanding
Cleansing me from all my sins
and making me one of your pearls
~Faith
Oh how the Lord has transformed us! Lord, continue. We don't want to be the same as even yesterday! Capture our hearts again
-Steph